Life coaching is a relatively new phenomenon. Coaching people has been a thing for decades, but that would have been called sports coaching, school coaching, and career coaching. Though “life coaching” can cover those areas, it is more of an umbrella term for a variety of areas.
The purpose of a life coach is to help you create a life that fulfills you.
Many people have touted the benefits, saying that their life coaches have improved their lives. That's a bold and broad statement, so what could that look like? Someone to coach you (support, encourage, guide, teach) to transform your career, home life, relationships, time, and goals, and one of the biggest is your mindset.
If you're wondering about hiring a life coach, consider these benefits:
1. You can finally decide what you want to be when you grow up. Life coaches are great at getting you actually to choose what you want for your life. Looking at your goals, pleasures, hopes, and dreams.
With a Life Coach, you’ll design your ideal life, maximize your fulfillment, and finally do what you have always wanted to do!
2. You’ll raise your standards. Many of your challenges are likely to result from having too low standards. You may be too quick to settle. You may be taking jobs that are beneath your capabilities. You might also be settling when you get into a relationship. Maybe this relationship isn't fulfilling all your wants and needs and doesn't serve you. With low standards, your boundaries may be weak and undefined.
A Life Coach will help you overcome these challenges.
3. You’ll be held accountable. Have you ever decided to start working out and promised yourself you would do it each morning, and then you didn’t follow through? Well, you can tell yourself that you’ll start again tomorrow, and maybe you will get back on track. On the other hand, a life coach will keep you on task by following up on what you are doing, reminding you of your commitment and your Why for doing this.
This strategy works in part because most of us find letting others down to be painful.
4. Your life will become more balanced. We all tend to emphasize certain things and need to give others more emphasis.
A life coach will force you to give adequate attention to all the areas of your life.
5. You’ll be forced to stretch yourself. Have you ever noticed that some people never change? They’re the same today as they were ten or more years ago. Life is about learning and applying that learning to get better results. If your life is always the same, you’re either not learning or not applying what you’ve learned.
Your life coach will get you to do all those things you should be and want to be doing but can’t quite get yourself to do.
6. You’ll work through your challenges with an expert to support you. Dealing with challenges can be intimidating. Two heads really can be better than one. Sometimes all we need is a little encouragement and support. It can be a great way to get unstuck.
Having an expert in your corner can make all the difference.
7. You’ll have someone that is just as excited by your successes as you are! Have you ever done something that fills you with pride, only to find out that your family, friends, or significant other seems less than impressed?
Having someone cheer on your successes creates momentum. Momentum allows you to accomplish even greater accomplishments.
8. You’ll solve challenges you didn’t even realize you had. Typically a coach is hired for a specific reason. But through the coaching process, you’ll find that other issues might be just as important. There’s no place to hide with a good life coach.
Life coaching can be great if you feel you’re stuck and want to change.
Do you recognize yourself in the points listed above? Have you been trying to change your life but have been unable to? If you feel having a partner to support, encourage and guide you might be helpful, then have that conversation. A discovery call is a good place to start. Just a call to get to know the coach, and they can answer more questions.
Seeking the help of a life coach might be one of the best decisions you will ever make!!
Certified Centrella Life Coach™